Monday, January 4, 2010

Reflecting

As I sit here on the first day of my last semester of my high school career, first I wonder if that has made sense, but mostly I ponder about my years here at Apollo. I still feel like I should be a freshman on my first day of high school, feeling scared and worried. I remember thinking about how my senior year would be and to be honest, it's definitely not what I expected. I expected having a job, driving to school everyday, having a blast at school, and driving home just to do nothing. As of now, I'm not doing any of those things. I have no job, therefore I have no money for insurance or gas, so I can't drive. I find myself trying to make up for my freshman, sophomore, and junior year. I was a slacker those years, not knowing that I'd be paying for it now. I find myself with scholarships due, and trying to figure out how in the world I'm going to pay for college. I find myself becoming an adult in 6 days, with no idea what's ahead of me. I find myself worrying about what I'm going to do in the long run and how I'm going to make a living. I'm barely an adult, and I feel like I have all the stress of the world on my shoulders. But somehow I know that I can do this, that I can make it in the world. With my parents helping me along the way, teaching me what is right and what's wrong. Somehow I know things are going to be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment